Academy of Instrumental Music
ACADEMY OF INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
- Explores various aspects of subjects included in typical college courses, including: a basic understanding of the historical development of music; music theory; composing and arranging; elementary piano playing; ear training; and conducting.
- Advanced Music courses are taught using a music technology lab, introducing students to the world of music theory and composition using state-of-the-art MIDI, keyboard, and composition software and equipment.
- Lessons, when available, will be provided outside of the school day with Mannington Music at no cost to the family. This will allow students to continue to maintain a high academic focus during the school day and work privately with a professional outside of school hours. Visit Mannington Music: https://www.manningtonmusic.com/
- Academy students participate in recitals as well as performances given by their major music ensemble at PMHS or in the community. In addition, students will participate in a Senior Recital.
- An audition is required during the admissions process for this academy.
This academy is hosted at Pennsville Memorial High School.