In Collaboration with Salem Community College, Mid-Atlantic States Career & Education Center and Salem County Board of Social Services
Offshore Wind Workforce and Skills Development Grant Available
This basic welding course will allow students to gain entry level knowledge of welding techniques and skills. Participants will learn safety regulations and basic, electrical current as it pertains to welding. The focus of this course will include welding theory and practical training in booths on steel, stainless and aluminum plates and pipes and expose participants to SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW. Students will learn safety and proper use of machines and tools, oxy fuel cutting, plasma arc cutting, amperage, electrode sizing and numbering, basic weld joint design, and metal identification. Upon completion, students will receive a Career and Technical skills certificate and students are encouraged to join the American Welding Society (AWS).
Safety Equipment Needed
- Safety Glasses
- Stick (leather) gloves
- Helmet (auto darkening preferred)
- Long sleeve shirt must be wore and available for each class.
- October 3, 2023 – November 28, 2023
- December 5, 2023 – February 3, 2024
- February 6, 2024 – March 26, 2024
- April 4, 2024 – May 23, 2024
- June 25, 2024 – August 8, 2024
- Tuesday & Thursdays (some Wednesdays may be required)
- 4:30 pm – 9:30 pm (Evening)
Location: 880 Route 45 Woodstown, NJ 08098
Length: 75 Hours
- Basic Welding $800
- Welding Level I $800
Register for Classes
Make a Payment
Career & Technical High School
880 Route 45 Woodstown, NJ 08098
Five Salem County employers discuss construction trade careers, including plumbing, electrical, heavy equipment, and more.